This following recipe is short and sweet…
who doesn’t love a delicious scoop of banana ice cream? All you need are 3 ingredients and it’s the perfect healthy treat on a hot day.
This Banana Ice cream is made with Plain Yogurt. Plain yoghurt is rich in calcium and protein which helps keeps your bones healthy and strong. Yoghurt is a natural probiotic that aids digestion and keeps your gut healthy. Bananas are nutrient and antioxidant rich. They contain fibre, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin B6 and C to name a few. Potassium and Vitamin C are good for heart health!
Although this recipe is quick to make, make sure you give yourself at least a couple of hours to freeze the banana. Or if you know it’s going to be a hot few days, you can pre-freeze a banana or two in advance.
- 1 banana
- 2 heaped tbsp. of plain yoghurt
- Maple syrup or honey to serve
- Peel and chop banana.
- Pop banana slices in a container or wrap in cling film and freeze for at least a few hours or the day before.
- Blend banana and yoghurt with a blender until smooth.
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup or honey and eat immediately.
Check out Similar Recipes HERE