A lot of people tend to scoff at the idea of a salad as a delicious meal, however salad can be awesome if you make it the right way. Not only is there an unlimited variety of ways to make salads, they are also a great way to meal prep. For this recipe you can prep the pumpkin ahead of time and use it throughout the week in multiple meals. The sun-dried tomatoes can be pre-bought, or you can learn how to make your own here, the rest of the salad should only take a few minutes to throw together!
A fun fact about salads. if you have a basic recipe that you love, it’s easy enough to adapt it in a variety of ways. You can have it as a side salad for a weekend BBQ, add some extra ingredients, change up the salad dressing or add a source of protein such as grilled chicken to make it into a balanced meal.
- 600g peeled and cubed pumpkin
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup of pine nuts (or nut of your choice)
- 60g Feta
- Sun-dried tomatoes (chopped or whole)
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 430°F/220°C.
- Peel and cube the pumpkin.
- Mix pumpkin with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread pumpkin on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn pumpkin over and bake for a further 10 minutes or until pumpkin is golden.
- Toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden.
- Place spinach in a bowl and lightly toss with a bit of dressing. (Dressing Recipes Coming Soon)
- Add the rest of the ingredients together, toss and be sure to crumble the feta on top.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below and don’t forget to leave a like!